Meditation Classes & Workshops
Free weekly meditation classes are held throughout Australia in more than 125 locations.
Participants can experience and learn about:
- Simple meditation techniques.
- Guided meditations to help reduce stress.
- Achieving the peace of meditation.
- Tips on how to help stay in balance during the day.
- How to meditate at home.
The meditation is based on connecting with chakras (energy centres) and inner balancing . The tradition and aims of meditation are explained, which is to be in the present with no mental thoughts of the past or future. Short guided meditations with affirmations are used to clear and balance the subtle body to enable the silence of meditation. During the meditation, participants sit on a chair, with hands resting on their laps.
People can join in at anytime, even if they have not attended before. Classes usually run for 60 to 90 minutes and are open to both complete beginners and regular meditators. No physical exercises, postures or special clothing are required and chairs are provided. To help people meditate at home, meditation guides, CDs and DVDs are provided, free of charge.
Regular one-day meditation workshops are held throughout Australia.
Workshop participants are members of the general public who may have attended a previous Sahaja Yoga meditation class in their local area or they may be complete beginners, newcomers attending for the first time. They might have been invited by a friend or family member, or may have been seen our promotion for the workshop. Workshops have been run completely free of charge for many years.
Typical topics that are covered at the workshops include:
- Collective meditations – learning how to go deeper into meditation
- Introduction to meditation – separate sessions are provided for newcomers
- Techniques that may help reduce stress – balancing and clearing the subtle system
- How to introduce children to meditation
- Scientific research into meditation
- Tips on how to meditate at home
- Video talks by Shri Mataji, the founder of Sahaja Yoga meditation
- Live music for meditation
Learn more about our workshops at…
Feedback from workshop participants
- In this age of commercialisation and business orientated activities, I am delighted to see such
activities being done on a volunteer basis and no cost to the participants. This speaks a lot of the
true intentions of the organisers, who are there to really help the community. Keep it up! (Yan)
- What a fantastic day! Thank you so much for this, this was my first time learning about Sahaja
Yoga meditation and I found it very helpful and peaceful. Very well organised, thank you. Jane
- I experienced mental silence. It was an amazing experience in the advanced session. Athena
- It was beautiful, amazing, life changing – all at no expense. Geoff
- Extremely well presented and co-ordinated. The overall feeling of unity without any pressure was
much appreciated. What generosity to give us a take home kit to help up keep going after such a
good start. Afternoon tea was amazingly bounteous and tasty! Bronwen
- Excellent, excellent, excellent! Well planned, great venue. Pam
- Oh my gosh, no words can explain the tremendous gratitude I have for what I learnt today. I have
no suggestions for improving the workshop, because what I have left within my heart speaks louder
than words themselves. Claudia
- I have attended five classes and I found today consolidated and expanded what I have learnt and
experienced so far. I am impressed with the smooth running of the day and the joy and abundant
generosity of the volunteers. Jean
- Very interesting, peaceful and calming. A wonderful experience. Vic
- It was very calming and centering. Enjoyed it very much. Wendy
Links to our other related websites
- Our SY Australia site: sahajayoga.com.au
- More video, audio and silent meditations: freemeditation.com.au
- About Shri Mataji, founder: shrimataji.org
- Our newsletter about SY meditation: sahajayoga.com.au/news
- Selection of meditation videos: sahajayogavideo.com
- Talks from Shri Mataji: sahajayoga.org.au
- More videos and articles: sahaja-yoga.com.au
- Finding Balance with Sahaja Yoga Meditation: sahaja.com.au