“Life Eternal Trust Australia” (LETA) incorporating “Sahaja Yoga Australia” ABN 99 071 308 371, and our related entities appreciate that privacy is very important.
Like many other organisations, LETA must comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Australian Privacy Act when dealing with personal information.
1. The information we collect
LETA will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, and contact details so LETA can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from LETA, when you register for conferences or events, and when you participate in LETA Sahaja Yoga activities or complete other forms.
The information collected may include some sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act), such as health information or information relevant to the services or assistance you have requested from LETA.
In the interests of security and safety, and the comfort of LETA also operates video cameras within and around some Collective premises.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our venues and community events, or assistance you may request.
Any information collected from members of the public interested in follow up contact with LETA – Sahaja Yoga Australia will be maintained in a secure manner and not shared with any other parties.
When members of the public interested in follow up are contacted they always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from the service and no longer receive further advice, and their request will be automatically applied to the list of contacts.
Users can generally visit the LETA website without revealing who they are or other personal information.
LETA will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
2. How we use your information
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information as follows:
- to establish and maintain your involvement with LETA including providing you with newsletters,
- announcements and general advice;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from LETA;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, conferences or seminars;
- to assist us to make the LETA sites, services and events more valuable to our community;
- for direct promotion of events or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, you will have the opportunity to decline any further communications;
- to third parties we have retained to assist us to operate LETA activities and provide the products or services required such as insurance, education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to government
departments and authorities if required by law;
- LETA will never disclose or pass on any information or contact details relating to you to third parties
for the purposes of marketing, sales or other similar activities.
3. Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that LETA holds about you by contacting the Sahaja Yoga National Coordinator as set out below.
We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. There will be no charge for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us.
After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will include a note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
LETA will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, LETA cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
We suggest that you visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
6. Contacting Us
If you would like any further information, or have any queries, problems or complaints relating to the LETA Policy or our information handling practices in general, please contact our National Coordinator/s by email at: [email protected]
or by writing to:
The Sahaja Yoga National Coordinator/s
LETA – Sahaja Yoga Australia
10 Clarence Street
Burwood, NSW 2134